Guy’s Frenchys Employment Opportunities
Job description: Store Manager
Reports to: District Manager and Regional Manager
Since 1972, Guy’s Frenchys has proudly served the Atlantic provinces, and we are dedicated to high standards of customer service which is mirrored in our commitment to our Managers and team members. We are looking for experienced managers who want a role that involves hands-on management on the production line and the sales floor, with consistent mentoring, coaching and developing of team members. You will oversee store operations and manage the production line to meet or exceed weekly targets, and to ensure quantity, quality, and assortment for our valued customers. You will maximize production and sales floor success by using sound business strategies and modeling excellent work ethic and promote exceptional customer service and cleanliness in your store.
- Highly motivated and positive with a strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Set standards and model exemplary customer service and communication skills.
- Career minded, self-starter, and quick learner.
- Demonstrates a sense of positivity, energy, ownership, and commitment in others.
- Uses high energy levels to motivate and develop team members.
- Solid problem-solving, analytical, and independent judgement skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and coach your team to better performance.
- Passion for leading and developing team members.
- Resolve any customers issues or concerns that may arise while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Manage and motivate staff daily to meet or exceed production targets and budgeted weight.
- Perform daily minute meetings with team and create energizing and informative monthly staff meetings.
- Train, guide, encourage, develop, and motivate team members to reach and exceed their full potential.
- Advise employees regarding work performance on an ongoing basis and apply corrective progressive discipline measures when needed.
- Prepare annual performance evaluations and ensure proper and prompt follow-up.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to all company policies and procedures to ensure all team members comply with loss prevention and health and safety policies.
- Complete daily sales sheets and bank deposits
- Weekly, monthly, and bi-annual ordering and receiving merchandise.
- Organizing and preparation of incoming store merchandise loads
- Recruit and hire the right applicants to meet with store and company needs.
- Proactive participation and creativity in our ongoing fundraising efforts
- Efficiently ensuring all levels of books, bric brac, jewelry and shoes are full – Answering the phone on a daily basis and faxing documentation as needed.
- Minimum of 40hrs per week (average)
- Responsible for overall store maintenance interior and exterior including contacting sub-contractors when repairs need to be made.
- Effectively able to execute all duties and tasks of every store position.
- Negate and resolve any negative gossip or behavior in the workplace.
- Opening bales on a daily basis with wire cutters, gloves and safety goggles in accordance with the health and safety policy
- Filling canvas carts with clothes that are loose or in bags (up to 45lbs)
- Drag or move (with a dolly) export bags (35-40 lbs), and rag bags (55-60 lbs) to loading area (up to 50 feet away)
- Carrying clothing bucket and distributing clothes in the proper location on the sales floor
- Assist in cleaning bathrooms every hour on the hour.
- Weekly cleaning of the store including mopping, sweeping, wiping, and vacuuming.
- Sort non-retail approved items into appropriate sorting bags
- Bring full garbage cans and empty into the dumpster Requirements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail, including at least 2 years in a management or supervisory position.
- Flexibility with regard to availabilities and work schedules (must have the availably to work days, evenings, every other Saturday and occasional Sundays when needed)
- Ability to work in a fast paced ever growing business.
- Able to efficiently organize time and manage priorities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Effectively able to communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to endure the physical requirements on an on-going basis.
Job description: Store Manager Reports to: District Manager and Regional Manager Since 1972, Guy’s Frenchys has proudly served the Atlantic provinces, and we are dedicated to high standards of c…